Friday 3 February 2012

Awesomeness: Bungamati Foundation Nepal

Yesterday I had a meeting with two great guys, Jeroen de Haas (founder chairperson) and Gerard Arink (vice chairperson) of Bungamati Foundation Nepal. Together with their colleagues in Nepal they work on several educational and empowerment projects in Nepal. Joost (thanks Hurk!) introduced me to Jeroen and we made an appointment and so the snowball started rolling…

Anyway, last night we met and we had a great brainwave on all kinds of possibilities for the foundation and Fontys Pedagogical Academy (FPA). Gerard will talk to Sukha on skype: to talk about possibilities. One of these days I will receive more information from Jeroen about the different projects. Then I will write down how I would like to start this whole thing (collecting basic information) and Gerard will help out, he will be in Nepal within a few weeks from now. He might even start it up: things can accelerate from there. If things turn out right we will be visiting Bungamati Foundation and use the time we might spend there well… to help out, to learn, to share… Sounds good, right!?!

Bungamati Foundation is a registered NGO founded in 2004 with the primary focus on providing and improving educational for the children of Nepal.
This organization has also taken a progressive role in a range of programs to include health education, cultural and community issues, sanitation and projects to improve the environmental situation.
The foundation offers their assistance to provide support to Nepalese schools, address community needs and work in partnership with local organizations at various levels.
Their main focus is on educational opportunities and that goal plays a central part in all of their projects and is the heart of all their activities.

For more information check out this link: Bungamati Foundation

I always wanted to do something like this. Now I have the chance to actually do it in a country that was on the top of my wish list. Jeroen and Gerard are great and live ‘around the corner’. I always thought about it as something far away, out of reach… and now it is so near.
You know, I’ve worked so hard for my PhD, unexpectedly won the Fontys Knowledge Prize with my thesis and all of that resulted in this... OMG…


I am so very happy and excited… and I feel so humbly privileged: I can’t even express myself properly about it to be honest.



It’s a feeling, it has no words… it is felt within my heart…


1 comment:

  1. Hey cyrille, het is me gelukt om op Blogger te komen....en dat was absoluut de moeite waard. Wat een bijzonder mooie blog! Ik heb al een plekje in de Bungamati Bed & Breakfast voor jullie gereserveerd ;-) gr jeroen

    ReplyDelete