Wednesday 1 February 2012

Peel it, Cook it, Boil it, or Forget it!

Today I paid 107 euros to let a nurse inject all kinds of vaccines in both arms! Makes one wonder what happened with my ‘natural’ resistance… but ok… that’s another topic. Result: two arms with sore heavy muscles… and an empty wallet ;-)
Books, flyers, posters, film: In the waiting room I (again!) learned all about what I already knew: Peel it, Cook it, Boil it, Or forget it. In other words: Be Careful! Eat and drink only that of which one can assume it is safe. In case of doubt: don’t!

I skipped the rabies vaccine, think I will look into the eyes of the doggies and tell ‘m to take a hike... by heart ;-)
Malaria pills we will take with us tho, just in case we decide to visit the natural park down south (sure hope we will have enough time to do that). Altitude sickness, yeah well, we do want to go into the mountains (how can we NOT!?!?) and better take it then crash and see nothing due to all kinds of strange altitude sickness symptoms so… yup… we will bring along those too.
ORS? That’s a rhetorical question… ofcoz! Along with bandages and all kinds of other things that I carry when I travel. We will dig into those kinda things later 2gether coz my saying is ‘be wise, bring nothing twice', you have to carry it all on your back right?!?!.

www? Oh yeah...

(DTP) Diphtheria Tetanus Poliomyelitis: check
Hepatitis: check
Typhus: check
Malaria: check
Altitude sickness: check

Aye… am healthy now... So far So good ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment